Monday, September 1, 2014

Entry #3: Intermediate

Entrant Category: Intermediate

Please don't vote until all of the entries are available and 
we have announced the voting start on The Doll Wardrobe Blog. :-)

Voting for the 2014 Summer FDC...

Starts On Sept 1st, 2014.

Voting Ends on Sept 20th.

Please vote for this entry by commenting below or 
emailing us at nora.demington@gmail.com.

Vote for Entry #3, by writing -- "I vote for Entry #3."

We recommend voting for one newbie entry, 
one intermediate, and one pro, at least.

____________

Hello, and thank you for checking out my entry!  

My name is Elizabeth, and this in my first time in the Design Contest.  

I run a blog with my sister called The Salty Breeze (http://thesaltysadollblog.blogspot.com/).


Above is my basic sketch for my outfit, "Behind the Lens" (I didn't include accessories).  

Starting at the top, I drew a white crop top with a camera and "Smile!" design.  Layered underneath is a gray tank top with a little extra length, so if one would bend over to take a picture, one would still have coverage in the right places.  The multicolored capris are the perfect bright touch to the outfit.  I also wanted to include a camera bag and a braided headband + bracelet.


Besides the white cotton, I bought all my fabric from Joann's.  It's funny how well the flowered fabric matched the colors I drew.
Below are all the "work in progress" pictures.


The tank top is the only piece I used a pattern for, which was the Liberty Jane Trendy T-shirt pattern (I just skipped the sleeve part and hemmed it instead).


The capris turned out a little wider than I had expected, so I fitted them a little.


Of all the pieces, this top took the longest.  I made my own pattern for it (on right), and had to test a few different sleeve lengths before I could find the perfect one.  Also, for the camera and "Smile!" design, I tried two fabric markers plus two sharpies on some scrap fabric until I decided that the thin sharpie worked best.  I added some glitter fabric paint to the finished drawing.



​I additionally made a gray braided bracelet, but forgot to take any pictures in progress of it.
My sister, Chrissa, agreed to model it for me.









The accessories include the camera bag, two lens wipes with mister, camera, gray bracelet, flip-flops, and the five-strand braided headband.

Here she is in action.






______________

Voting for the 2014 Summer FDC...

Starts On Sept 1st, 2014.

Voting Ends on Sept 20th.

Please vote for this entry by commenting below or 
emailing us at nora.demington@gmail.com.

Vote for Entry #3, by writing -- "I vote for Entry #3."

We recommend voting for one newbie entry, 
one intermediate, and one pro, at least.

Thank you!

31 comments:

  1. FANTASTIC job, Elizabeth! I vote for Entry #3, and personally I think you guys did awesome--right down to a small detail like a lens wiper!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love the top! I vote for this entry!

    ReplyDelete
  3. i vote for entry #3

    ReplyDelete
  4. Very creative! I vote for entry #3

    ReplyDelete
  5. I vote for entry #3! Very awesome!

    ReplyDelete
  6. I vote Entry #3. LOVE the whole outfit design. SOOOO cute. I would love this outfit in my closet.
    Mel

    ReplyDelete
  7. I vote Entry #3. I love this outfit so much. Great design.
    Bri

    ReplyDelete
  8. I vote for entry 3. I love all the details

    ReplyDelete
  9. I vote for entry number 3! Love your blog by the way Salty's

    ReplyDelete
  10. Been reading your blog for a while! Vote for #3!

    ReplyDelete
  11. I vote Entry #3.
    A fan

    ReplyDelete
  12. I love this outfit. Totally want this one. I vote Entry #3

    ReplyDelete
  13. I vote for entry #3

    ReplyDelete
  14. I vote for #3! You did a wonderful job on the outfit!

    ReplyDelete
  15. I vote Entry #3. Love the design. Totally is fashionable
    Sam

    ReplyDelete
  16. I vote Entry #3. GO SALTYS
    Sami

    ReplyDelete
  17. I vote Entry #3
    Elizabeth

    ReplyDelete
  18. I vote Entry #3
    Karen

    ReplyDelete