Monday, September 1, 2014

Entry #24: Newbie

Entrant Category: Newbie

Please don't vote until all of the entries are available and 
we have announced the voting start on The Doll Wardrobe Blog. :-)

Voting for the 2014 Summer FDC...

Starts On Sept 1st, 2014.

Voting Ends on Sept 20th.

Please vote for this entry by commenting below or 
emailing us at nora.demington@gmail.com.

Vote for Entry #24, by writing -- "I vote for Entry #24."

We recommend voting for one newbie entry, 
one intermediate, and one pro, at least.

______________

The theme was learning, and my Saige is a fashionista, 
so I created an outfit for her to wear to a fashion design class!

Here is the design I drew out on paper. I had planned on making the robe and earrings, but I didn't have enough time, so I left those parts out.


THE TUNIC

For the tunic, I used bright orange knit fabric, and modified the tank-top pattern from Liberty Jane.


Sewing a hem.


I had to hand stitch the hem on the sleeve.


THE LEGGINGS

I used a legging pattern from Sew Adollable (http://www.18inchdollclothesz.com/blog/), and light green knit fabric.


Sewing a hem on the leggings.


THE SHOES

For two the straps, I wove a short bracelet in the cupid's arrow weave.


Gluing a strap onto the base. The sandals are made out of thin brown foam and thick white foam.


The sandals close in the back with a piece of Velcro.


THE BRACELETS

The bracelets are made of black hemp, and there are six bracelets total. Four are beaded, one is braided, and one is just a strip of black leather cord. They close with a hook and eyelet clasp (Made by my mom, from earring dangles.).


THE NECKLACE

I made a flower charm out of blue beads and wire, then I strung it on black hemp.


THE BELT

I forgot to take pictures of the belt in progress, but it was very easy to make.

I braided black leather cord together, strung three beads onto three different pieces of black hemp, then hot glued the hemp to pieces of leather cord that stuck out of the knot.


THE RING

I made the ring the same way as the necklace, but used smaller beads. I hot-glued the charm to a loop of invisible Stretch Magic.


THE HEADBAND/KERCHIEF

In my design, I had planned to make a kerchief, but ended up making a headband instead.

I used the same fabric as the leggings, and glued the headband together using Fabric Fusion.


I made three bead flowers for decoration, gluing the beads together with hot-glue.


THE BACKPACK

It is made out of real leather, and I also I made my own paper pattern for the backpack. I had to sew it by hand, and use an awl to make a hole for the needle every time, because the leather was too thick to just sew.


Cutting out the bottom piece.


Sometimes I used needle nose pliers when the needle wouldn't go through the holes I made with the awl.


Stitching the bottom closed.


Punching holes with the awl.


Here I am sewing the clasp onto the flap.


Now on to the photoshoot!

























Please vote for me!
Thank you!

______________

Please don't vote until all of the entries are available and 
we have announced the voting start on The Doll Wardrobe Blog. :-)

Voting for the 2014 Summer FDC...

Starts On Sept 1st, 2014.

Voting Ends on Sept 20th.

Please vote for this entry by commenting below or 
emailing us at nora.demington@gmail.com.

Vote for Entry #24, by writing -- "I vote for Entry #24."

We recommend voting for one newbie entry, 
one intermediate, and one pro, at least.


Thank you!


31 comments:

  1. I vote for entry #24!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I vote for entry #24!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Nice outfit idea! Great way to get started! I vote for #24.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I vote for entry #24!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I vote for entry #24!

    ReplyDelete
  6. I vote for entry #24. Nice accessories. :)

    ReplyDelete
  7. Totallyawesome.outfit was beautiful. Photos were so professional.

    ReplyDelete
  8. I vote for entry #24. Love the creative jewelry.

    ReplyDelete
  9. I vote for entry #24. Great job Loren!!!!!
    -Kelly:)

    ReplyDelete
  10. I vote for entry 24

    ReplyDelete
  11. I vote for entry #24.

    ReplyDelete
  12. I vote for entry number 24!I love all the little details and work you put into it and having such a high goal, but I think the cape might have added a bit too much to this adorably complecated outfit. Great job!

    ReplyDelete
  13. I vote for Entry #24. I especially like the shoes and the real leather backpack!

    ReplyDelete
  14. I vote for entry #24. I love your design and how the finished outfit looks so much like your idea. Very ambitious to include lots of details with different materials and methods. Great job!

    ReplyDelete
  15. I vote for entry #24. A very accomplished young lady. Every detail is exact.

    ReplyDelete
  16. I vote for entry #24. I LOVE the shoes!

    ReplyDelete
  17. I vote for entry #24!

    ReplyDelete